Hoxie House Museum

This classic Saltbox was presumably built circa 1675 and is most likely the oldest Saltbox on Cape Cod. It was the home of the town’s  second minister, Rev. John Smith, his wife, Susanna, and their 13 children. It is named for Abraham Hoxie, a Sandwich whaling captain who bought it in the 1850s. Remarkably, its occupants lived without electricity, plumbing or central heat until the early 1950s. In the late 1950s, the town purchased the Hoxie House and restored it to its current late-17th-century condition.

Hoxie House Museum Interior
Hoxie House Museum Interior
Go to Top