History of Sandwich

8Mar 2012

Sand Hill School: The Clark-Haddad Memorial Building

In 1851 a new 2 bay by 3 bay, 2-story, wood-frame building with a gable roof was erected at the corner of Factory Street and George’s Rock Road (16 Dewey Avenue). Known as the Jarvesville School, and later, the Sand Hill School, the building was replaced in 1885 with the [...]

16Jan 2012

Historical Commission Recommends Restoration of Historic Artesian Well

January 16, 2012 - Jonathan Shaw, the SHC's representative to the Sandwich Community Preservation Committee, spearheaded the effort to proceed with funding for Phase II of the Town Hall Restoration Project. Guided by his experienced hand, the Commission sent a formal request to the Community Preservation Committee to secure $350,000.00 [...]

3Jul 2011

Sandwich Town Archives General Index Available Online

The holdings of the Sandwich Town Archives have been indexed in one single listing for the first time. The listing is available HERE in searchable .pdf format. The index does not include the many volumes of published genealogical works in the Archives because they are already available through the Sandwich Public Library's online [...]

23Apr 2011

Historic Marker Program In The Sandwich Enterprise

Historic Marker Program Leads To Unusual Discoveries On news stands now! Local news story encourages local pride in historic homes through inclusion in Historical Commission's program. Read what may be hidden under the old floorboards. A feature article by Mary Stanley is on the front page of the April 22, [...]

Go to Top